The History of
The Catholic People
Upper Cowlitz River.
and Renewal of St. Yves by Joe Hadaller -
- Mary (Kelly) Ray
- Father Roger Agostinelli
- Father Victor A. Cloquet
The History of Sacred Heart Catholic Church
in Morton, Washington, and Eastern Lewis
including the St. Yves Mission and the
Packwood Catholic Community.
Celebrating mass at a pioneer Church,
Related History Links
Cowlitz Tribe (part of the
for Indigenous Studies Home Page)-
County Resources -
County Genealogical Society -
of the Towns of Lewis County.
History of Lewis County.
history of Lewis County. the
history of Packwood can be found at Touring
Packwood. Also, check the
Catholic Church Hisotry and Genealogy
Guide for more in other
Links to other sites are provided as a convenience, not as
- ©Copyright 1983 by Sacred Heart Church, Morton,
- Library of Congress Catalog Card No. 83-60177
- First Edition, March, 1983, 700 copies.
This internet edition is an exact copy
of all the text in the original, although it is split into sections to
reduce down-load times. The blue background color approximates the
original. Comments? Mail the Pastor!
- Photos in the parish history are attributed to Loren Lane.
- Rousseau's drawing of St. Yves and the drawing of both Sacred
Heart churches is in the original parish history.
- The drawing of St. Hillary is as it appears in the Parish
- Both photos of Sacred Heart's interior are in the original
- The photo of the old Sacred Heart is owned by Mary Ray.
- The photo of Archbishop Connolly is by Don Bosco Studios, San
- The color photo of the new Sacred Heart is by Loren Lane.
- The photo of Archbishop Hunthausen is by Loren Lane,
- The color photos of the Packwood Presbyterian Church and Mount
St. Helens are by Roger J. Smith, ©1997.
- The blue and white photo of Mt. St. Helens is from the USGS,
and is used with permission.
- The photos of the burning of the mortgage are by Loren Lane,
are in the original history.
- The photo of the dedication of St. Yves in 1914 is taken
directly from the parish history.
- The photo of old St. Yves's interior is by Loren Lane.
- The photo of St. Yves in the 1980's is by Roger J. Smith,
- The photos of the burned out foundation, and the new St.
Yves building and interior are by Roger J. Smith, ©1997.
- Photos of St. Yves Cemetery are by Roger J. Smith, ©1997.
- The photo of the Cowlitz River, at Randle, above is by Roger
J. Smith, ©1997.