IN the Name + of the FATHER and of the Son and of the HOLY GHOST. Amen.
LET the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart he always acceptable in Thy
sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer.
OUR FATHER, Who art in Heaven, etc.
I BELIEVE in GOD, etc.
ALMIGHTY God, we most heartily thank Thee for our creation, preservation and all the blessings of this life, for Thy loving care and watchful providence over us all our days, and for having delivered us from all the dangers and perils of the last night, but above all things for Thine inestimable love in the redemption of the world by Our LORD and SAVOIR JESUS CHRiST, for the means of Grace and for the hope of Glory. And we beseech Thee to accept these our morning prayers of praise and thanksgiving, continuing these Thy blessings to us and to all men, and taking us and all who are dear to us under Thy Fatherly care and protection. More especially we pray Thee to give us the grace of Thy HOLY Spirit, that we, being unfeignedly thankful, may show forth our praise, not only with our lips but in our lives, by giving up our selves to Thy service and by walking before Thee in holiness and righteousness all our days; through JESUS CHRIsT, Our LORD. Amen.
BLESSED be the Holy and Glorious TRINITY now and forevermore. To Thee, O God I offer myself this day to live for Thine Honor and Glory, through JESUS CHRIsT, Our LORD. Amen.
- NEW every morning is the love
- Our waking and uprising prove;
- Through sleep and darkness safely brought,
- Restored to life and power and thought.
- New mercies each returning day
- Hover around us while we pray;
- New perils past, new sins forgiven,
- New thoughts of GOD, new hopes of heaven.
- If, on our daily course, our mind
- Be set to hallow all we find,
- New treasures still of countless price
- GOD will provide for sacrifice.
- Old friends, old scenes will lovelier be
- As more of heaven in each we see;
- Some softening gleam of love and prayer
- Shall dawn on every cross and care.
- The trivial round, the common task
- Will furnish all we need to ask
- Room to deny ourselves, a road
- To bring us daily nearer GOD.
- Only, 0 LORD, in Thy dear love,
- Fit us for perfect rest above;
- And help us this and every day,
- To live more nearly as we pray.
THE grace + of Our LORD JESUS CHRIST and the Love of GOD and the Fellowship of the HOLY GHOST be with us all evermore. Amen.