This is a complete list of all the pages on
the Web which are maintained by the East Lewis County Catholic
St. Yves Mission and The St. Gregory Station
- This is the main parish page. It contains the sacramental
information, vision statement, and a description of our communities.
- Where we are, a
description of the area and map.
- St. Yves, the Mission's
patron and patron of Lawyers
of the Packwood Station • Appearance
Morton, WA. - West
on Main Street - Backstrom Park
of the East Lewis County Catholic Community
- St. Yves Mission History
burned out church.
- The Packwood Catholic
- St. Yves from 1964-83, by
Founding and Renewal of St. Yves by Joe Hadaller
- Historic Logging Images.
pioneer church mass at St. Yves.
Lewis County Recreation
- In our area we have volcanoes, Cascade Mountains and foothills,
national forest, wilderness areas, lakes, rivers, camp grounds, skiing,
hang gliding at Dog Mountain. So, you can do any kind of outdoor
activity you find interesting: hunting, fishing, swimming, hiking,
mountain climbing, riding, photography, birding, camping, or just
from May 1997.
Rainier Nat'l Park
- Life in the Rain.
- The Catholic Archdiocese of Seattle
- Cathedral of St. James,
- Cathedral as seen from
- The South Sound Deanery -
Catholic Archdiocese of Seattle
- This is the Deanery to which the parish belongs. List of all
parishes, mass times, phone numbers, addresses, and maps including one
for each of the three deanery regions. Parish and Deanery location.
- Cascade Volcanoes: Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, and Mt.
Adams Parish Volcanoes - links, photographs
Rainier various local photographs - These photos are by the pastor.
- Mt. Adams photos by Roger Smith.
of the Monument. This is a photo tour of one
route to St. Helens.
- Mt. St. Helens II, the drive on
the 99 road.
Washington and Oregon Region of the Pacific Northwest -
Regional links and photographs for those unfamiliar with our region.
Scenes - Puget Sound, the Olympics, Lake Union
Two - The Skyline from West Seattle.
- Some scenes from Tacoma, WA.
- photos by Roger Smith
Yakima Road to the Parish
- US 12
- Chinook Pass
- Historic Photos of the
Columbia River Gorge.
Other pages for Catholics.
- Catholic Belief -
from the bulletin.
- The Catholic Ladder, a tool
used by Fr. Blanchet in the Northwest to teach Indians the faith.
- The Story of the Discovery of
- John Cardinal Newman on how our
attitudes can make coming to faith easy or hard.
- The Church of the Apostles
Newman on Apostolic Succession.
Work: Obedience according to Mother Seton
- The Sacrifice of the Mass
purposes or ends of the Mass
- A Martyr because of the
sign of the Cross.
teaching on war and peace. • Legitimate
Defense • Attack
- The Assumption of Mary by John
Creed - A
creed from the Anglican
Communion with cross references to the Catholic Catechism.
Text of the Apostle's and Nicene Creeds.
Creed with scriptural and Catechetical references.
- Who is saved?
- Some Elements of Basic Belief., a traditional pre-Vatican II formulation.
- Original Sin
Short History of Indulgences
- Morals, repentance
- An Examination of Conscience
- Sin of
Sodom & Adultery
(Also backbiting, slander, detraction)
- Gospel Morality: What the New Testament says.
- Moral Teaching of the Twelve Apostles
- Virtue - Grace - Chief Commandments, ie. to love -
Christian self love
- Our Work, Elizabeth
Ann Seaton. (obedience.)
- Types of Sin - capitol Sins
- Hell - traditional and current
- Scripture on Hell
- Devotions Before Confession - Fasting
- Individual Confession: Rite of Reconciliation
for Declaring a prior marriage null.
- Holy Water
- Traditional blessing of water and salt.
- Incense - Church
Bells - Vestments - Holy
Oils - Candles - Ashes
- Sacred Scripture:
- Matthew, Mark and Luke:
Contents of these Gospels by section; text by link to Bible
- The Miracles of Jesus
- Abraham's Story
- Bible Passages on Mary, the Mother of God
- Bible Passages on Prayer
- Repent and believe the Good News.
- Help the Poor: Scripture on Almsgiving
- Bible Passages on Fasting.
- A letter urging help for the poor.
- Catechism of the Council of Trent on Almsdeeds.
- Scriptural Meditation on Death and last things
- The Psalms: The Prayer Book of God.
shorter introduction to the Psalms is from My Daily Psalm Book,
- a Prayer
part one, and part two.
of Psalms for Feasts and Seasons (Lutheran).
Blessing Psalter (from the
- Mary, Mother of God
- Bible Passages on Mary, the Mother of God
- Awaken to
prayer: how to pray as a Catholic. An
effort to provide information on prayer. This page provides links and
text on methods of prayer, books, scripture on prayer, mindfulness and
controlled breathing, meditation, contemplation, and how to get
started. The following pages are supportive to this main page on
- Material talking about prayer and spirituality
- Spiritual Beginning - Care for the inner
of the Fathers - from the orthodox tradition.
- Scriptural Maxims,
Spiritual Food for thought - Some wisdom from a 1908 prayer book.
- A description of traditional daily Catholic Prayers. An explanation of the Sign of the Cross.
- Death and Heaven
- Prayer without Ceasing
scriptural prayer to aid prayer.
- St. John Chrysostom: Prayer of Longing.
- Tertullian: Prayer can
- Abandonment (an excerpt) by
School of Prayer (from the Methodist Church)
on Prayer by Abbot Columba Marmion • Columba
Marmion declared Blessed on Sept. 3, 2000.
with the Saints
- Why say
Amen? and The
Lord's Prayer by Martin Luther.
- A Short Catechism on Prayer
- The Rosary from Key of
Heaven, explanation, added prayers. Rosary prayers in English
- About short prayer, i.e. pius
invocation or ejaculatory prayer.
- The Value of Morning Prayer
- Some Specific Prayers for
- Anglican Example of
- Additional Prayers
- The Value of Evening Prayer
- 1. Night
Key of Heaven (Imprimatur 1924).
- 2. Evening
My Prayer Book, 1908.
- 3. Morning
- 4. Table
evening prayer. (Lutheran)
- 5. Prayers
- 6. Devotions
- 7. Family
- A brief description of centering prayer as a way to
as the Master Taught
- Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
a Prayer Chain
Ignatius of Loyola on rhythmic prayer and one word at a time.
Stations of the Cross -
A way of walking with Jesus through the trial and crucifixion.
- 1. Cardinal Newman's
- 2. Cardinal Newman's longer
- 3. Stations by F.X.
- 4. Rutter's 1875 Stations.
- Sabat Mater -- Description of the Stations of the Cross.
Crucis, The Way of the Cross
Heaven Stations with Black and White graphics, no frames, or just
view the graphics.
- Meditation - Thoughts in
Universal Prayer by Pope Clement XI, A.D. 1721
- The Litany of the Holy
Name of Jesus.
in Honor of the Savior
- Prayer for Travelers
- Prayer for the new
- The Prayer of St. John
- A personal Prayer
- Prayer to the Holy Spirit
- Prayer Before Confession
- Prayer for Priests - Prayer for faithfulness to religion.
- Prayer to obtain final perseverance
- Various useful Catholic prayers
and more Various Prayers from 1896.
- Prayers for Peace
- Prayer before and after reading scripture.
- By Cardinal Newman.
- Prayer for Refugees
- Prayer during a storm
- From other Christian traditions:
- Prayers for various needs from the Lutheran Church
A Lay person's Ritual:
Blessing of Families
Blessing of Houses
when visiting the Sick
when visiting the Dying
- Prayer when death is near.
- Baptism for the Dying
- the Last Sacrament
- Art & Symbolism
Tradition and Teaching on Religious Art.
- Sacred Images
- Christian Symbolism
Christian Meditation. The index
page to an examination of what fine art can say about faith and how
it can provide food for thought.
- Christ the Judge
with Mary his mother. Michelangelo's Last Judgment.
- The Saint's in
Michelangelo's Last Judgment
Damned in Michelangelo's Last Judgment
Angel's Trumpet at the Last Judgment
and expulsion from Eden. From Michelangelo's ceiling of the Sistine
Evil. Raphael's St. George defeating the dragon.
- The Church, as the boat of Peter,
while riding a hostile sea: Turner's
St. Francis Preaches to the Birds with text on the painting,
material on Francis's life and the legend of Francis's Preaching to the
- Rembrandt: Three Trees,
- Old Woman Praying,
Nicolaes Maes. Giving thanks in all circumstances.
- The Face of God.
God the Father.
- The Face of Christ.
Divinity. How Christ has been portrayed in art.
- Symbols for the name of Christ
- The name of Power, the name
of God, the name of Jesus
- Emblems of the Savior
Archbishop J. Peter
Sartain D.D., S.T.L.
He was the diocesan
administrator for the Diocese of Memphis from Sept. 9, 1992 to May 5,
1993 while the See of Memphis was vacant.
Pope John Paul II appointed Archbishop Sartain bishop of the Diocese of
Little Rock, Ark., on January 4, 2000. He was ordained on March 6, 2000
and took as his episcopal motto: “Of You My Heart Has Spoken” (Psalm
27:8). He was appointed bishop of Joliet, Ill., by Pope Benedict XVI on
May 16, 2006 and was installed on June 27.
Installed Archbishop of Seattle
on Dec. 1, 2010 at St.
The links throughout the parish web site are provided "as
are present as a convenience and not as a recommendation. If you
choose to use a link you do so at your own risk. We have no control
over the content or quality of the information provided by others
that you may reach from a link here. Although we hope you find the
link interesting and useful, do not rely on something found on the
internet without careful investigation. If you find something
offensive, indecent, defamatory, unreliable, substantially incorrect,
anti-christian or anti-Catholic at a site you linked to from here,
please let us know. However, please realize that controversy on the
net mirrors the controversies found in life, the church, and modern
society. What you may find offensive could be a joy to someone
This Web Site is the responsibility of Rev. Roger J.
pastor. You may contact him at with any comments. Mail